WritingCity is the most teacher-friendly standards-based writing and grammar program for K-5 on the market. Period. We fuse best practices such as the 6 traits of writing, Writer’s Workshop, Multiple Intelligences, and Bloom’s Taxonomy.
This comprehensive program gives teachers and students everything they need to develop their craft with confidence.
The WritingCity Curriculum is provided via the online Teacher Platform that can be used with interactive whiteboards, visual projectors, computers, tablets, iPads, and document cameras.
- daily lesson plans that provide Madeline Hunter-type lesson steps to successfully guide students in learning the writing process with standards-based skill development.
- Engagers, interactive whiteboard files for every lesson created in SMART Notebook format.
- student visual aids, such as authentic student writing samples, graphic organizers, and text type specific 6 traits rubrics.
- unit introduction videos give educators confidence teaching new material.
- teacher support documents including standards correlation charts for every state, conferencing sheets, technology recommendations for producing and publishing writing, rubric conversion sheet for grading, writing themes, grammar guides, and many more.
- classroom demonstration videos teaching lesson concepts and introducing units.
- unlimited email support with coaches to support program implementation.
- automatic lesson updates ensure that teachers are prepared for next generation assessments.
Captivators™ are daily instructional videos for 2nd-5th grade students and are available in the WritingCity teacher platform for grades 2-5 as well as the student platform.
With Captivators, teachers can:
- show students daily 5-7 minute instructional videos in whole group or small group settings.
- shorten instructional time, which enables more actual writing time for students and more time for teachers to conference with students.
- cover the topics for each standards-based daily lesson plan.
- deliver consistent instructional content for writing and grammar improving fidelity across the school.