WritingCity 2nd Grade Grant Program
The Grant application period is now closed.
Don’t want to wait for the grant?
Get a free trial today.
Stay updated on future WritingCity Grant opportunities!
I’ve seen such growth in my first graders’ writing with WritingCity! Students who couldn’t give a complete sentence in September are now, a few months later, giving me 3-4 sentences!
WritingCity makes it easy for me to create a flipped, student-paced classroom where I can conference with individual students. I love the program!
Does my School or District Qualify?
The successful grant applicant must be willing to meet these requirements:
- Have at least two second grade teachers participating in a school.
- Have at least 35 students participate.
- Make appointments and participate in at least two professional development webinars.
- Set up the subscription and complete the first professional development webinar on or before May 1, 2019.
- Complete the second professional development webinar on or before October 1, 2019.
- Agree to complete a brief survey at the beginning and end of the one-year subscription.
- Facilitate a meeting with the school principal so we can explain the grant and the teachers’ participation in the program.
What Kind of Professional Development Will Teachers Receive?
- Introduction to WritingCity webinar: Live webinar which prepares teachers to use WritingCity immediately in their 2nd grade classrooms through demonstration, guided instruction, and hands-on practice, with Q&A opportunity.
- Consultation with our team to integrate WritingCity into your literacy block.
- Follow-up webinar: After a few weeks of classroom usage, a live group webinar with other second grade teacher grantees to talk about classroom progress, hear about ideas on how others are using WritingCity, and further Q&A opportunity.
- On-demand webinars: access to a library of on-demand webinars.