WritingCity 2nd Grade Grant Program
The Grant application period is now closed.
The WritingCity® 2nd Grade Grant Program application period has ended. If you would like to learn more, please take a free trial of WritingCity or contact us for more information.
Don’t want to wait for the grant?
Get a free trial today.
Stay updated on future WritingCity Grant opportunities!
WritingCity is a comprehensive K-5 writing and grammar program to help teach foundational literacy skills while developing confident and capable writers.
- K-5 schools using WritingCity have seen a dramatic increase in standardized test scores.
- The curriculum aligns seamlessly to standards, with writing and grammar instruction that spirals across all grade levels.
- Easy to follow lessons allow teachers to provide effective writing instruction for all students.
- Students build critical writing skills from instructional modeling and daily writing practice.
What is Included in the Grant?
If you qualify for the Grant Program, you’ll receive a free one-year subscription (valid through July 31, 2020) for the WritingCity second grade program, with professional development for up to 15 teachers in your school or district.
I’ve seen such growth in my first graders’ writing with WritingCity! Students who couldn’t give a complete sentence in September are now, a few months later, giving me 3-4 sentences!
WritingCity makes it easy for me to create a flipped, student-paced classroom where I can conference with individual students. I love the program!
Does my School or District Qualify?
The successful grant applicant must be willing to meet these requirements:
- Have at least two second grade teachers participating in a school.
- Have at least 35 students participate.
- Make appointments and participate in at least two professional development webinars.
- Set up the subscription and complete the first professional development webinar on or before May 1, 2019.
- Complete the second professional development webinar on or before October 1, 2019.
- Agree to complete a brief survey at the beginning and end of the one-year subscription.
- Facilitate a meeting with the school principal so we can explain the grant and the teachers’ participation in the program.
What Kind of Professional Development Will Teachers Receive?
- Introduction to WritingCity webinar: Live webinar which prepares teachers to use WritingCity immediately in their 2nd grade classrooms through demonstration, guided instruction, and hands-on practice, with Q&A opportunity.
- Consultation with our team to integrate WritingCity into your literacy block.
- Follow-up webinar: After a few weeks of classroom usage, a live group webinar with other second grade teacher grantees to talk about classroom progress, hear about ideas on how others are using WritingCity, and further Q&A opportunity.
- On-demand webinars: access to a library of on-demand webinars.